Help us lead our adidas Field Managers & Agents to success.
We’re on the lookout for the perfect teammate to manage the field team within their respective geographical areas and playing a key role on the adidas Field Agent Program leadership team. By becoming an Area Manager, you will objectively assess the current state of their territory through multiple sources - employee performance, morale, visual excellence, etc. and find ways to improve all fronts with creativity, hard work and leadership.
You’ll be the strategic lead and cultivate highly motivated teams, processes, and communications. You will work directly with Regional Managers and adidas counterparts to consistently and effectively execute key in-store programs, trainings, and brand events to enhance sell-through and premium retail experience.
THE RIGHT MINDSET
We need someone who has put in the hard time and learned from doing some serious heavy lifting. You’ll lead the executionary division of field marketing, bringing the strategies from HQ to reality and ensuring alignment and success across the organization. A natural people leader with a track record of inspiring and motivating teams along with driving business results. Being senior enough in their career to balance the personnel demands of a field organization in addition to requests from HQ is a must. Dream big and make it happen.
This role is fueled by a passion for competition, a love and knowledge of sport and a need to get yourself in the latest and greatest; if that hits home, then we’d love to hear from you. Let us know why you should make the cut to be an integral part of our team. Get us excited to meet you!
- Effectively manage a team of 4-5 Regional Managers and 40-50 Field Agents.
- Consistently demonstrate a focus on their people, role model collaboration and operational excellence,
- Excels at identifying, managing and developing top talent.
- Provide feedback and coaching that encourages a mindset of continuous improvement; both celebrating successes and giving clear constructive feedback when necessary both in-person and digitally.
- Successful execution and implementation of the adidas business plan to drive strong results within visual excellence, increased sell-thru, brand knowledge, and market share growth.
- Oversee territory with agility, changing direction and continuously improving based on key indicators and lessons learned.
- Manage and oversee budget for assigned territory and work closely with Sr. Manager, Field Leadership to ensure expenses, OT, mileage are monitored.
- Serve as a sparring partner with Account Marketing Managers and VM Training Manager to ensure consistent messaging and standards across the organization.
- Regularly partnering with fellow Area Managers to exchange, learn and define opportunities.
- Builds constructive, effective relationships throughout the field and HQ team to align support for brand initiatives.
- Consistent gathering of relevant insights and delivering actionable recommendations that will help inform program direction and business needs.
- Communicate current trends and competitor strategies in the market.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years proven experience in retail team leadership, responsible for leading large teams.
- Strong knowledge of retail operations, human resources and visual merchandising.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire talent at all levels of the organization.
- Track-record of success coaching, leading and influencing others in order to foster a collaborative and creative environment.
- Capable of driving collaboration and leading projects from ideation through planning and execution.
- The identification of trends and ability to turn insights into actions.
- Excellent writing, organizational skills with attention to detail and an exceptional ability to write, present, and share ideas articulately.
- Strong follow-up skills and time management.
- Can-do positive attitude and roll up your sleeves approach; personal and flexible with demands and changes in business.
- Able to successfully navigate complex situations, and build rapport across a variety of different stakeholders.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
- Previous experience as an ambassador for a major brand, ideally in retail.
- Experience recruiting and managing high performing teams, with proven results.
- Driven by sport and competition (you know the scoreboard always matters.)
- You share our adidas love. It’s more than a brand to you, but a way of life.
- A keen ability to juggle agent and client needs without blinking an eye.
- As a part of the adidas Field Agent team you’ll have direct and early access to new product launchings and trainings directly from HQ.
- You’ll become a brand expert by taking part in an in-depth training with our brand experts here at HQ to make sure you’re fully equipped to hit the ground running.
- We’ll hook you up — we want you to have all the tools you’ll need to live and breathe the brand. We’ll get you the gear; you just need to rock it.
- This is the gig for the constant adventurer — expect to be in market and on the road up to 50% of the time — you’ll have the chance to explore and immerse yourself with our Field Team in their territories.
- We provide flexible hours and work locations, you are in control of your schedule and can work from wherever it is convenient for your life.
- Benefits and compensation will be discussed with final candidates.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Archrival Agents believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.